Case of the Month

• January 2019
    January 2019 by Dr. John Bunkers Please Note:This website is best viewed with the latest versions of all browsers. If you are having issues viewing this, or…
  1. Bruce Thomas
  2. Uncategorized
  3. Friday, 06 April 2018
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Dr Perry E. Jones Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Uprighting molars? Lots to talk about. Depends on many factors.Type of bone cortical or medullary and density type. Root movement/ bodily movement vs crown tipping. Tooth surfaces available to create sufficient force and properly directed force. One tooth or several teeth?
Probably not a strength of clear aligner movements, but possible with time, space and sufficient force properly directed.

Perry
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 1
Bruce Thomas Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I'm wondering if 1) I could successfully do this with a developing teenage jaw allowing growth in the factor. 2) If I chose to do this, what kind of treatment?
I am thinking a couple of months in leveling wires and full brackets followed by invisalign for the rest of treatment. (The patient is very motivated toward Invisalign rather than traditional ortho, but I can convince her for a short time).
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 2
Dr Perry E. Jones Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Really need more information. Do you have a CBCT, panorex, periapicals. Hand-wrist evaluation of sesmoid bone growth would help you define "Teenage jaw" development.That would help! I can send you comparison data location if interested.
Fixed mechanics to upright the second molar is a good idea. Then follow with Invisalign finish! Who wants bands and brackets when a removable/invisible/comfortable series of clear aligners (Invisalign) will work!
I don't know what the development of the root of the "impacted" second molar looks like as far as development. I have had success with several different "trapped" molar uprighting. Brass wire looped under the proximal contact and tightened can encourage uprighting. Simple rubber "separators" sometimes work. There is a purpose made "interproximal spring" that i have used many years ago prior to fixed mechanics that may work. That give you a few options to think about!

Hope this helps! Its a large mountain to climb to properly upright and align a second molar with Invisalign as the stand alone force system! If you have fixed mechanics in your armentarium of tooth movement, fixed with an Invisalign finish is great choice!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Uncategorized
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.
Cron Job Starts