Case of the Month

• January 2019
    January 2019 by Dr. John Bunkers Please Note:This website is best viewed with the latest versions of all browsers. If you are having issues viewing this, or…
  1. Larry Levin
  2. Attachments
  3. Wednesday, 16 May 2018
Has anyone had success with placing an attachment on the lingual of a lower premolar. I am going to treat this crowded lower deep bite case as a precursor to a full restorative case on the lower. The ClinCheck presents no room on the buccal of 28 for an attachment due to a collision with the upper tooth. There is plenty of room to place an attachment on the lingual of 28 and wondering if that is an acceptable option?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Larry Levin Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
This is the composite photo of the case VOI15677756_composite_picture.jpg
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Attachments
  3. # 1
Vitaly Gantman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I have, isolation is key like in any attachment placed. Also make sure you are bonding to enamel. If porcelain or dentin use appropriate bonding protocol and materials.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Attachments
  3. # 2
Dr Perry E. Jones Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Larry,
What attachment do you want to add? Lingual is a hard area to bond. I'm sure everyone will have a different take on success of lingual bonded attachment. My experience has been poor with debonding common.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Attachments
  3. # 3
Larry Levin Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I was thinking of an intrusion attachment for stability on the premolars to aid in intrusion of the anteriors.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Attachments
  3. # 4
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.
Cron Job Starts